As global citizens, the lawyers and professional staff who work in our firm’s 14 offices throughout Asia Pacific are dedicated to investing in the community, protecting the environment and promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion. Working from 10 countries, our Asia Pacific professionals participate in a variety of corporate social responsibility initiatives, including:
- Launching the world’s first pro bono legal service for cancer patients that helps patients access their pension funds, establish power of attorney and deal with debts and other issues that affect those with critical illnesses. (Melbourne office)
- Co-sponsoring a charity dinner to raise money to purchase coal for the winter for six orphanages in Hebei, China. (Beijing office)
- Providing free legal services and educational materials as part of a “Reading and Feeding” program for welfare children. (Manila office)
- Participating in job placement programs designed to help adults with psychiatric issues return to work by hiring them to work at our firm. (Hong Kong & Tokyo offices)
- Providing scholarships and temporary work opportunities for orphans at the Good Samaritan Home. (Kuala Lumpur office)
Our Asia Pacific offices are also dedicated to reducing energy use and waste. Our Bangkok, Melbourne and Singapore offices, for example, moved to green-rated buildings and our Beijing, Hong Kong and Vietnam offices introduced online payment processing systems to reduce paper flow. We continuously strive to minimize our impact on the environment where we live and work.
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion comes naturally. Since opening our first office in Asia Pacific in 1963, we have employed local lawyers with diverse backgrounds. Cultivating a culture of respect for our differences has enabled us to work across borders, cultures and practices with ease.