Diego Ferrada has 10 years of experience working on mergers and acquisitions, including stock and asset transactions, as well as project finance transactions. He was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2007, and subsequently became a member of the New York Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Mr. Ferrada also studied Competition Law & Policy at the London School of Economics. He won the 2005 Deal of the Year award from Trade Finance for his work on HSBC Bank Plc’s multimillion-dollar export finance transaction involving the Transantiago Urban Transport System.
Mr. Ferrada’s practice focuses on M&A and project finance matters in several industries with emphasis on mining and energy. He has assisted several clients in various aspects of proposed international joint ventures, project financing and foreign investments. He has also represented clients in corporate and commercial arrangements, major infrastructure projects, mining and telecommunications.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Explorator Resources in its joint venture with Pucobre for copper mining.
- AdvisedTransfield Services Limited in the acquisition of 50% of INSER group, a leading provider of services to mining companies with more than 1,500 employees.
- Advised CITIC Resources in connection with the Bid for Esperanza and Telegrafo projects by Antofagasta Minerals.
- Advised Layne Christensen Corp with respect to the incorporation of a Joint Venture for Layne Energy, Inc. for the purposes of engaging in the business of exploring, producing, marketing and selling conventional and/or unconventional natural gas in Chile.
- Advised Origin Energy in the government bid for geothermal concessions in Chile, regarding the 40 percent acquisition of Energia Andina and joint venture with Antofagasta Minerals SA.
- Advised Illinois Tool Works in the acquisition of Versachem SA.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
New York~United States (2007)
London School of Economics and Political Science
(Summer Program Competition Law)
University of Chicago
(Master's degree Law)
Catholic University of Chile
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.