Since joining the European Union, the Czech Republic’s tax code has been adapted to EU policies. But while the tax system continues to stabilize, interpretation of laws by tax authorities and courts can vary.
Our Tax lawyers can guide companies through Czech tax laws, helping them meet their obligations through careful and sophisticated tax planning. In areas of legal uncertainty, we provide practical solutions and experienced advice to help mitigate tax risks. We collaborate with our corporate advisers in designing transactions and corporate structures to optimize each company’s tax position. We also help shape local tax regulation.
Our Tax team is part of the largest and most diverse Global Tax practice in the world, with more than 600 Tax professionals in 44 countries. Tapping this globally integrated platform, we adapt international tax practice to local needs. We can advise and assist with:
- Domestic and international tax planning, including investment incentives, double taxation avoidance and profit repatriation issues
- Tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions and restructurings
- VAT, special tax-exempt zones and tax planning for import/export transactions
- Tax audits, administrative hearing and court appeals
- Fiscal closings preparations and tax returns filing
- Tax issues related to executive and expatriate employee compensation, stock option plans, real estate projects and estate planning
To read more, please see our Prague Tax brochure in English