Dr. Barbara Deilmann has more than 20 years experience in advising listed companies as well as closely held companies and other parties on all corporate law and capital market related issues as well as on corporate restructurings – domestic and cross-border – and the structuring of joint ventures. The JUVE Handbook Wirtschaftskanzleien consistently recognizes her as one of the "most recommended lawyers" in the area of corporate law. Within Baker & McKenzie she is head of the German corporate practice area Core Corporate and member of the global reorganizations group. Moreover she is member of the union of German female entrepreneurs (VdU).
Dr. Deilmann joined Baker & McKenzie in 2000. She has extensive experience in advising corporate clients on large domestic and cross-border corporate transactions and major restructurings as well as on legal issues related to capital markets and stock corporation law. International group companies seek her advice among others on complex intra-group refinancing and compliance matters. Her client basis ranges from the automotive industry to the trading sector including chemical industry, IT, pharmaceutical and telecommunications.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising an international fashion group continuously on domestic and crossborder corporate law matters, including restructuring and compliance issues.
- Assisting an international insurance group (with a US listed stock corporation as parent) on a group internal cross-border stock for stock transaction.
- Assisting Bitzer-Group regarding the reorganization of the German group structure and establishment of a SE (Societas Europaea) as parent company as well as corresponding reorganizations of the worldwide group companies in over 20 jurisdictions.
- Providing ongoing corporate law advice and legal support of various restructuring measures relating to the European Dura Group.
- Advising Oleochemicals from Cognis in connection with the negotiation of a new joint venture agreement relative to Cognis Oleochemicals with Sime Darby Plantation.
- Representing PTT Chemical on the acquisition of a 50 percent stake in Cognis.
- Providing advice concerning the sale of RFCL, India, with regard to German Corporate/M&A law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Union of German Female Entrepreneurs (VdU) - Member of the local board (Rheinland)
- Dusseldorf Bar Association - Member
University of Muenster
University of Muenster
Baker & McKenzie - Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern, Steuerberatern und Solicitors is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.