Our Gulf Projects team has extensive experience in planning, structuring and implementing varied aspects of major natural resource and industrial development projects. Our clients span governments and other public entities, sponsors, participants, project companies, contractors, offtakers, shippers, traders and financiers. Our team is composed of lawyers with extensive experience in international major projects, including major infrastructure, electricity, mining and petrochemical projects, upstream and downstream oil and gas projects, renewable energy projects, as well as energy regulation.
We have been involved in drafting and negotiating the full range of project agreements to facilitate a major project development. Our experience includes structuring of the project from a tax and regulatory perspective, corporate and joint venture agreements, EPC, EPCM and other contracts for asset development, long term and other feedstock supply agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, offtake arrangements, technology and technical assistance, environmental issues and emissions trading strategies, and related advice.
Our recent accolades include:
- Middle East Mining Deal of the Year 2012, Euromoney Project Finance Magazine
- Islamic Finance Deal of the Year 2012, ALB Southeast Asia Law Awards (Singapore)
- Deal of the Year 2012, Trade Finance Magazine
- Bahrain Law Firm of the Year 2011, IFLR 1000
- The Leading Law Firm - Structured Finance 2011, Islamic Finance News (IFN) Law Poll