Asia Pacific, 10 October 2012 − Baker & McKenzie has topped the shortlist at this year’s Euromoney Asia
Women in Business Law Awards. The Firm has been shortlisted for 24 awards, including for country awards in every jurisdiction in which it operates. This illustrates again Baker & McKenzie’s leading position in supporting gender inclusion and setting the standard in terms of female-friendly work practices.
Baker & McKenzie is a finalist in the categories “Best International Firm for Women in Business Law”, “Most Innovative Law Firm”, “Best Firm for Pro Bono Work”, “Best Firm for Minority Women Lawyers”, “Best International Firm China Practice”, and for the country awards in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
In addition, nine partners from across the Firm’s 14 offices in the Asia Pacific region are included in the practice area shortlists.Energy and Natural Resources
- Anne Hung, Partner in Baker & McKenzie’s Tokyo office
Patent and Trademark Prosecution
- Kherk Ying Chew, Principal in Baker & McKenzie’s Malaysian member firm, Wong & Partners
Labor and Employment
- Maria Smith, Partner in Baker & McKenzie’s Hong Kong office
M&A / Private Equity
- Seraphim Mar, Partner in Baker & McKenzie’s Taipei office
- Jennifer van Dale, Partner in Baker & McKenzie’s Hong Kong office
- Poh Lee Tan, Partner in Baker & McKenzie’s Hong Kong office
- Ai Ai Wong, Principal in Baker & McKenzie’s Singapore member firm, Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow
- Angela Lee, Consultant in Baker & McKenzie’s Hong Kong office
- Adeline Wong, Principal in Baker & McKenzie’s Malaysian member firm, Wong & Partners
Speaking about the nominations, Winston Zee, Baker & McKenzie’s Asia Pacific Regional Chairman, said, “We are extremely pleased to be shortlisted in so many categories and that our efforts in fostering a female-friendly work environment has been recognised for the second year in these awards. It is also a reflection of our merit-based culture where our lawyers can thrive and rise to the top in their fields. I’d like to congratulate all of the nominees on their achievements.”
Women in Business Law Awards recognizes lawyers who have successfully become influential and leading professionals in their chosen field, and firms that have shown outstanding achievement in supporting the development of women in the legal profession across the different continents. Earlier this year, Baker & McKenzie won the "Best Firm for Minority Women Lawyers" at the Euromoney Australasia
Women in Business Law Awards. The Firm also collected “Best International Firm for Work-Life Balance” and Poland Country Award at the Euromoney Europe
Women in Business Law Awards, while Amsterdam partner Mirjam de Blécourt was awarded “Best in Labour & Employment.” Baker & McKenzie won "Best International Law Firm for Women" in the 2011 Euromoney Asia
Women in Business Awards.