Michael Gusterer joined Baker & McKenzie’s Zurich office in 2005, and is currently a member of the Zurich and the Firm’s Global Tax Practice Group. He regularly works on corporate and real estate tax matters.
Mr. Gusterer focuses his practice on providing tax advice for mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring transactions. He also works on real estate tax, corporate taxation for domestic and international companies as well as general tax planning.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational company on the internal reorganisation of the interest in its Chinese subsidiaries.
- Advised several clients (companies and individuals alike) on the use of Swiss entities for their international tax planning.
- Advised a major Swiss real estate company on a potential merger with one of its main competitors.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Swiss Institute of Certified Accountants and Tax Consultants - Member
Swiss Tax Academy
(Swiss Certified Tax Expert )
University of Fribourg
(Master's degree Law)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.