Vit Vatanayothin, a member of the Firm’s Financial Services Division, works mainly on banking and finance law. Mr. Vatanayothin is fluent in all aspects of financial transactions. He joined Baker & McKenzie in 1991 and became a partner in 2000.
Vatanayothin represents banks, financial institutions, investment banks and institutional clients in major project financing in Thailand for a wide range of projects — including investments in the real estate, power, petrochemical, heavy industry and telecommunications sectors. He also acts for clients in debt restructuring, refinancing, real estate finance and regulatory matters.
- Represented a group of Thai syndicated lenders with respect to the back-end equity injection and support arrangement and project financing for a domestic power project.
- Acted for international banks in relation to the sale and acquisition of non-performing loan portfolios.
- Acted for a telecommunications company with respect to the redemption of USD180 million, 8.483% Senior Secured Notes Due 2011, by a loan from a Thai bank.
- Represented developers and financial institutions in relation to the financing of residential, serviced apartment and retail projects.
- Advised an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services on the permits, licenses and corporate structure required for implementation of a CDM project in Thailand.
- Advised international banks on various legal aspects of electronic banking in Thailand.
- Law Society of Thailand
- Taipei Bar Association
Southern Methodist University
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.