Ours is a leading tax practice in Spain and throughout the world. Our Tax lawyers in Madrid and Barcelona are considered by leading international directories as one of the most reliable and prestigious advisers in Spain. They are among the top tax practitioners in the country, with extensive experience in dealing with tax authorities and private practice.
We provide tax advisory services in all relevant areas of tax law:
- National and international tax planning throughout the different phases of an investment (in corporate transactions, investment projects or asset purchase): finance, acquisition, restructuring/integration following acquisition, maintaining of investments and divestment
- Tax optimisation of international operations
- Tax advice on corporate restructuring
- Tax audits (due diligence) of sale and purchase transactions
- Ongoing tax advice on direct and indirect taxation and customs, as well as on preparation of tax returns
- Tax advice on family asset restructuring and estate planning
- Advice on tax inspections and proceedings at all local, regional, state or European Community instances
- Taxation of financial or actuarial products and executive and expatriate remuneration systems.
New Rules on Interest Deduction in Spain
Pedro Aguarón, partner in Baker & McKenzie’s Barcelona office, comments on the new limitation on interest deduction in Spain.
Spanish Tax Amnesty
Esteban Raventós, partner in Baker & McKenzie's Barcelona office, comments on the New Tax Amnesty in Spain and procedures to become tax compliant.