Michael Madda joined Baker & McKenzie as an associate in the Chicago office in 1970 and became a partner seven years later. After practicing in the Chicago office for 18 years, Mr. Madda moved his practice to Baker & McKenzie’s former Los Angeles office until 1994 when he moved to the Palo Alto office. He is a member of the State Bar of California (Section of Business Law; Section of International Law), the Santa Clara County Bar Association (Business Law Section; International Law Section) and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Michael Madda provides general corporate counseling for a wide range of companies, foreign and domestic, in a variety of industries, including emerging technology companies as well as established companies. His expertise extends to mergers and acquisitions concentrated on private negotiated transactions, joint ventures, venture capital financings, corporate restructurings, and commercial transactions and agreements, particularly relating to sales, distribution and technology transfer.
- Represented numerous foreign companies in the establishment of operations and subsidiary structures in the United States, in a wide range of industries, of which the following are representative: chemical, automotive and auto parts, plastics, software, technology, apparel, kitchen and bakery equipment.
- Responsible for numerous negotiated M&A transactions, of which the following are representative:
- sale of private software company to major US technology company (over USD1 billion).
- acquisition of mobile computing business by foreign technology company from major US technology company (over USD750 million).
- acquisition of private US apparel company assets by major foreign apparel company (USD140 million).
- sale of private US production assembly tools and equipment company to major US industrial company (USD120 million).
- sale of private US video chip company to US semiconductor company (USD47 milion).
- sale of photographic equipment company to US video/audio company (USD26 million).
- Represented numerous established US companies concerning their non-US corporate structure and operations, in a wide range of industries, of which the following are representative: software, technology, video equipment, media services, power systems, port and terminal services.
- American Bar Association - Section on Business Law & International Law
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of California - Section on Business Law & International Law
- Santa Clara County Bar Associations - Section on Business Law & International Law
California~United States (1989)
U.S. Supreme Court~United States (1975)
U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (1974)
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (1970)
Illinois~United States (1969)
Northwestern University School of Law
(J.D. cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.