Ismail Esin has more than 10 years of experience advising clients in arbitration, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, privatizations and real estate matters. He is listed in The International Who’s Who for mergers and acquisitions, commercial arbitration and commercial litigation and has written extensively on these topics for legal publications. He has also lectured on real estate law, law of obligations and mergers and acquisitions law at Marmara, Galatasaray and Bilgi universities in Istanbul.
Mr. Esin advises banks, multinational companies, governments and private equity funds on investments and major projects in Turkey, the Middle East and the CIS. His work focuses primarily on the energy, infrastructure, construction, telecom and healthcare industries.
- Represented EnBW AG in the acquisition of multiple energy companies in Turkey.
- Represented Fiba Holding A.S. and Turkon Group in their acquisition of 100 percent shares in Kumport, the largest private port in Turkey.
- Advised Koç Holding on the sale of its shares of Migros Turk A.S.
- Advised Argus Capital on the sale of 40 percent of its indirect ownership interest to IMH Sağlık Hizmetleri (Memorial Healthcare Group).
- Represented Turkon Holding and MNG Holding in the sale of five hydroelectric power plants to Energo-Pro.
- Advised Metro Group on its real estate investments, including the acquisition and legal structuring of three shopping malls and an office building.
- ICC Turkish National Committee - Member
- London Court of International Arbitration - Member
- German Arbitration Institute - Member
- German-Turkish Trade and Industry Chamber - Member
- Swiss Arbitration Association - Member
- American Business Forum in Turkey - Member
Istanbul University Law School
Esin Attorney Partnership is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.