Dispute arbitration is increasingly accepted in Brazil. The number of proceedings has increased tenfold over the past decade, and many of today’s cases are related to major projects and joint ventures with foreign investors. The São Paulo Stock Exchange is encouraging large publicly held companies to settle corporate disputes through arbitration.
Trench, Rossi e Watanabe can help you identify potential areas of conflict before they arise and prepare a sound defense strategy when they do. They can represent you in Brazil or anywhere in the world, and under any arbitration law. As an associate of Baker & McKenzie, they can provide you solutions and insights more effectively and efficiently than other firms, including selecting the most qualified arbitrators and arbitration centers.
Here are ways they help:
- Drafting of arbitration agreements and advice on the incorporation of specific arbitration rules, of choices of law and jurisdiction
- Representation at arbitration proceedings
- Enforcement of arbitral award and execution proceedings in Brazil and abroad
- Assistance with litigation in support of arbitration, including emergency injunctions and orders preserving evidence
- Advice on other effective dispute resolution mechanisms such as alternative dispute resolution