Advancements in technology have made infringers better at evading detection and prosecution, requiring brand owners to take more innovative approaches to intellectual property enforcement.
At Baker & McKenzie, we seamlessly collaborate across borders to pursue and pioneer remedies on your behalf. We help you identify urgent enforcement issues that are strategic to pursue and design a campaign tailored to local requirements wherever you operate. Our team of IP enforcement professionals around the world can design and implement regional and global campaigns, efficiently working with local government contacts as well as policy and enforcement associations.
Our lawyers maximize all possible legal remedies — including pioneering strategies to invoke intermediary liability — to effectively counter infringement in the most challenging markets. We bring vast experience and a track record of success in the new technology frontier and across various industries, including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, fashion, software and electronics.
How we can help
- Management of local, regional or global enforcement programs. Assist in coordinating and monitoring multijurisdictional enforcement strategies, including cost-effective methods such as self-funding and multi-brand campaigns.
- Customs recordals and border enforcement. Assist in notifying customs about trademarks and other IP rights through customs recordals systems for a fixed fee per country. We also train customs and other enforcement authorities to strengthen procedures for detecting and stopping the movement of infringing goods.
- Pre-litigation services. Mitigate costly proceedings through fixed fee options in select jurisdictions for sending cease-and-desist letters, obtaining settlements, and issuing takedown notices to stop infringers online.
- Civil and criminal litigation. Obtain restraining orders, injunctive relief, orders for the destruction of fake goods and other measures, as well as prosecute infringers and other parties through innovative applications of laws and regulations.
- Customized technology solutions. Take an integrated approach that combines enforcement and portfolio management backed by a dedicated IP support center. When you engage our Firm as global IP enforcement counsel, you gain access to online tools that track customs seizures and related enforcement activities for timely and informed decision-making.