Andray Napolez is an associate in Baker & McKenzie’s Chicago office where he focuses on corporate compliance, white-collar defense and complex civil litigation. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Napolez served in the Special Litigation Bureau of the Office of the Illinois Attorney General. As an assistant attorney general, Mr. Napolez was a member of the Attorney General’s Health-Care Fraud Task Force, a group charged with investigatigating and prosecuting cases involving off-label marketing, the suppression of a drug’s adverse effects, average wholesale price violations, and nursing home fraud and abuse. Prior to law school, Mr. Napolez was employed as a financial analyst with Johnson & Johnson (FLDP Program) and L’Oreal USA.
Mr. Napolez represents companies and individuals facing government criminal and regulatory investigations, congressional inquiries, whistleblower's accusations or self-discovered misconduct. He has particular experience representing clients regarding the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, securities fraud, the False Claims Act, alleged bribery and public corruption, and criminal and civil RICO.
- Assisted with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) internal investigations and pre-acquisition due diligence.
- Obtained non-prosecution outcomes for clients facing governmental investigations and inquiries.
- Successfully represented a Medicaid-billing consultant regarding DOJ False Claims Act allegations.
- Performed an internal investigation on behalf of the company in response to a 2008 DOJ and ICE labor raid of an Iowa meat-processing plant.
- Represented an individual under investigation by DOJ regarding alleged knowledge of impropriety in the selection of a candidate to assume President Obama’s then-vacant Illinois State Senate seat.
- Conducted an internal investigation, and made non-prosecution presentations, in response to a DOJ and FBI raid of a global polysilicon consulting firm.
- Successfully represented a Creditors’ Committee in an international bankruptcy fraud matter.
- Successfully defended a Taiwanese client in an international trademark theft/misappropriation case.
- Filed suit against a labor union for alleged Civil RICO violations regarding a nationwide corporate campaign.
- Successfully defended a telecom-component company in a billion-dollar fraud and products-liability suit.
- Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2012
- Nation's Best Advocates: 40 Lawyers Under 40, National Bar Association, 2010
- Chicago Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (2008)
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin~United States (2008)
Illinois~United States (2006)
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2006)
Washington University School of Law
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.