Karen Guch is a partner in Firm's Corporate Group in London with over 10 years experience in advising clients on Private Equity and M&A transactions. She joined the firm's Kuala Lumpur office in 1998 before transferring to the London office in 2000. She became a partner in 2007.
Karen is primarily focussed on leveraged buyouts, investments, acquisitions and disposals for UK and international clients. A large proportion of Karen's work is in relation to cross border or multi-country transactions. She also has significant experience in the Automotive sector.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC on a number of bids, acquisitions and disposals, including the non-US aspects of its acquisition of the wire harness business from Alcoa Inc across 11 jurisdictions and the disposal of the ACR Logistics Group (€490m)
- Acting for Bidvest Group Limited on its acquisition of Nowaco Czech Republic sro and Farutex Sp zoo from funds affiliated with JP Morgan Partners and managed by CCMP Capital Advisors LLP and Bancroft Private Equity LLP (€250m);
- Acting for Citigroup Venture Capital International, Black River Asset Management and PineBridge Investments (previously AIG Capital) on their investment into and ongoing advice in relation to Sindicatum Carbon Capital Holdings Limited;
- Acting for Citigroup Venture Capital International in relation to its investment in the Biofarma group of companies in Turkey;
- Acting for Citigroup Venture Capital International and Citi Property Investors in relation to their investment into Karavan Real Estate Limited, the holding company for a property group owning and developing retail and entertainment centres and other real estate in Ukraine;
- Acting for General Motors on the international aspects of its acquisition of the global steering and half shafts business from Delphi Corporation (in Chapter 11);
- A consortium consisting of EQT and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners in relation to the non-Danish aspects of their $3.8billion tender offer for the shares of ISS A/S;
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
College of Law
(Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test)
University of Cambridge
B.P.P. Law School
King's College London
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.