David Allen is a partner in the Firm's Corporate Practice Group in London, with almost 12 years of experience advising clients on private equity and M&A transactions. He joined the Firm in 2001 and has since spent time in the Firm's Sydney and Moscow offices.
David is primarily focussed on mergers & acquisitions and restructurings for private equity funds, infrastructure investors and other clients. In addition, David has significant experience in representing management teams in respect of their equity incentive structures in primary and secondary buyouts. A large proportion of David's work is in relation to cross-border or multicountry transactions and he has extensive experience in deals in the CIS region.
Representative Legal Matters
View All »
- Advised the management team of Global Blue on the tertiary buy-out by Silverlake and Partners Group from Equistone Private Equity for EUR1 billion.
- Advised a consortium led by Access Capital Advisors comprising PGGM, APG and certain Australian superannuation funds on the acquisition of 70 percent of LBC Terminals (the second largest operator of tank storage facilities for liquid bulk chemical products in the world) from Challenger Infrastructure Fund.
- Advising a private equity sponsor in respect of an MBI of certain mining assets in Turkey for an undisclosed amount.
- Advised ITOCHU on its GBP636 million acquisition of the Kwik-Fit group from PAI Partners and the subsequent MBO of the French Kwik-Fit group to management.
- Advised the management team of Ideal Standard (a Bain portfolio company) on a restructuring of their management equity scheme, one of the first restructurings seeing management participating in the senior and mezzanine debt performance.
- Advised EQT on various LBOs and bids, including: the EUR969 million restructuring of the leveraged acquisition debt and equity of Sanitec, AcadeMedia, Atos Medical, AstraTech, and Classic Fine Foods.
- Advised Platinum Equity LLC on various LBOs and exits, including: Hays Logistics (rebranded as ACR logistics), the European logistics business (LBO and EUR490 million exit); 3B, the Fibreglass Company; OAO Technologies; Nampak Cartons and Healthcare.
- Acted for CVC on the trade sale of its UK diagnostic imaging business, Lodestone Patient Care Ltd. to Alliance Medical Limited for an undisclosed amount.
- Acted for a private equity fund on its investment into an African oil & gas business for an undisclosed amount.
- Acted for the management team of Global Refund in connection with the secondary buy-out of Global Refund by Barclays Private Equity from APAX Partners for approximately EUR360 million.
England & Wales~United Kingdom (2003)
University of Lancaster
University of Nancy
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.