Dr. Constanze Ulmer-Eilfort has more than 15 years experience in advising high technology, pharmaceutical and media companies on the commercialization of intellectual property rights. She joined Baker & McKenzie in 1994 and became partner in 1998. She is a member of the Intellectual Property Group and the Life Sciences Practice of Baker & McKenzie. She is an active member of LES, Swiss PLG, GRUR, ALAI and DAJV and is a member of a working group on patents and licensing within BIO Deutschland.
Dr. Ulmer-Eilfort advises on a broad range of agreements such as collaboration and license agreements, R&D agreements, agreements with academic institutions and agreements with CROs and CMOs. She is knowledgeable on related issues of Patent Law, European Competition Law and the German Law on Employee Inventions. Furthermore, Dr. Ulmer-Eilfort is proficient in the field of copyright and advises publishing houses and the media industry, inter alia, on the licensing of content, the limitations of copyright and copyright levies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Counsel in complex negotiations of patent and know how license agreements
- Acted for several pharmaceutical and biotech companies on structuring collaboration and license agreements regarding their proprietary compounds and technologies.
- Represented a number of biotech companies on CMO agreements regarding the development, manufacture and clinical/commercial supply of antibodies and antibody fragments.
- Advised multinational high technology company on a joint venture regarding the transfer and licensing of IP rights.
- Acted for a German publishing house on the acquisition of assets from another publishing house.
- Represented several international IT companies in proceedings against the German Collecting Societies on copyright royalties.
New York~United States (1991)
University of Munich
University of Berlin
University of Pennsylvania
University of Munich
University of Regensburg
Baker & McKenzie - Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern, Steuerberatern und Solicitors is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.