Our Financial Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights, & Bankruptcy Practice Group stretches across the United States and around the globe. Our lawyers practicing in this area have represented a full range of parties in bankruptcy, debtor/creditor disputes and insolvency-related proceedings on a national, regional and international basis.
Our clients include institutional and trade creditors, bondholders, debtors, committees, acquirers, lenders, indenture trustees, investors, landlords, officers, directors, licensors and licensees, franchisors and franchisees, and others in nearly every major industry. We have represented and counseled these clients in:
- Out-of-court workouts and restructurings
- Prepackaged Chapter 11 filings
- Chapter 11 reorganizations
- Acquisition of assets in bankruptcy and Chapter 11 reorganization cases
- Creditors’ rights and bankruptcy-related litigation including preference and fraudulent conveyance proceedings
- Chapter 15 and Section 304 cases ancillary to foreign proceedings
- Preparing bankruptcy and creditors’ rights law analyses for opinion letters
- Analyzing potential creditors’ rights/bankruptcy implications of proposed deal structures
We are a full-service international business law firm with knowledge and experience in many different areas of the law. With our Global Banking, Finance & Major Projects Practice and Corporate & Securities Group (which include banking, mergers & acquisitions, environmental, insurance, securitization, natural resources, municipal finance and project finance), we have the resources and ability to handle complex restructurings or reorganizations, multinational distressed asset acquisitions and dispositions, creditors’ rights litigation and finance transactions.