Strategic and innovative legal and tax services offered by our Pensions Industry Group
National pension systems are under more and more pressure. Increased life expectancy, aging populations, and sliding interest rates have resulted in an expanding funding gap. To relieve companies and pension funds, local and European lawmakers have designed new financial legislation and funding rules. As well as an important employment benefit, pensions must be treated as a financial product. New and innovative vehicles like PPI, multi OPF, CDC, and annuity contracts are increasingly in use.
All this pressure calls for a strategic, integrated approach from companies and financial markets alike. The Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam Pensions Industry Group is a multidisciplinary team of dedicated professionals from various practices: Employment & Pensions, Banking & Finance, Litigation, Notarial Services, and Tax. Combining many years of experience, they provide comprehensive, fully integrated high-end legal and tax advice.
Integrated Pensions Services On A Global Scale
Although based in Amsterdam, as part of a worldwide practice the Pensions Industry Group can advise you on a global scale. Utilizing our international network of lawyers, we assist multinationals, pension funds and administrators, and insurers on pension law and tax issues, minimizing risk and seizing opportunities.
How Can We Help You?
Contact Us For Integrated Advice On Your Pensions Issues
- Advice on de-risking pension assets.
- Advice on liability reduction through insurance and other management arrangements.
- Pension and employment advice in response to changing benefit structures.
- Strategic planning for the valuation process and statutory debts.
- Advice on asset, investment, and portfolio management.
- Advice on fund structures and regulatory matters.
- Advice in establishing and structuring global pension arrangements.
- Strong transactional and substantive pension support.
- Risk, credibility, and compliance scans.
- Advice on asset-pooling structures.
- Advice on innovative products like PPI, Multi OPF, and SPVs.
- Pension litigation, arbitration, and mediation.
Looking for ways to de-risk pension obligations, or increase control over your organization’s financial exposure and cash contributions? Want to know more about the opportunities and risks associated with innovative new pension products? Need answers about the asset side of your balance sheet (e.g. investment agreements and restructurings) in order to manage your assets effectively and competitively?
If so, our Pensions Industry Group is equipped to provide the answers in the form of high-level, fully integrated advice. Please contact us for more information.
Download our brochures