Justin Welch practices in the area of intellectual property, with particular emphasis on trademark protection and brand maintenance including worldwide trademark clearance, registration, maintenance and enforcement, as well as anti-counterfeiting. Mr. Welch is a member of and extensively involved in a number of local and international professional organizations, including the International Trademark Association (INTA) where he currently serves on the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition Committee. He is also a member of the Dallas Bar Association IP Committee’s Young Attorney Subcommittee.
Mr. Welch helps oversee the management of domestic and international trademark portfolios on a worldwide basis. He also handles the filing and prosecution of worldwide trademark applications, cancellation and opposition proceedings, acquisition and transfer of intellectual property and other related transactional work. Mr. Welch also has experience in copyright matters as well as software licensing and IT transactions.
- Counseled clients in a variety of industries on the selection and adoption of trademarks, including conducting and analyzing trademark clearance searches.
- Filed, coordinated, and prosecuted trademark applications in the US and around the world.
- Handled trademark disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, federal court, and in international arenas through a global network of trademark professionals.
- Assisted clients in the acquisition, development licensing and assignment of intellectual property assets.
- Counseled a Fortune 500 financial services company regarding the management and prosecution of US and international trademark portfolios.
- Represented clients in domain name disputes.
- Provided copyright advice and prepared copyright applications for clients.
- Assisted clients with global trademark policing and enforcement efforts, including preparing and responding to cease and desist matters.
- Assisted clients with copyright and trademark enforcement in social media forums (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube).
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition Committee, Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Intellectual Property Section New Lawyers Subcommittee, Member
Admissions aux Barreaux
Texas~United States (2009)
Massachusetts~United States (2008)
Rhode Island~United States (2008)
Vanderbilt University School of Law
(J.D. Dean's List)
(B.S. Finance and Economics magna cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.