Edward J. Zulkey has been with Baker & McKenzie for his entire career. After having been a litigator in the Chicago Office since 1973 and a partner since 1980, he became the Firm’s first general counsel in 1994. He is listed in Euromoney Legal Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers, Illinois Super Lawyers for seven years as well as Naifeh and Smith’s The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of commercial litigation, insurance law and legal malpractice law – defendants for the last 17 consecutive years. Mr. Zulkey is the author of Litigating Insurance Disputes, now in its eighth edition. He serves as adjunct professor of law at Northwestern University School of Law, and chair of the IADC’s Legal Writing Contest.
Mr. Zulkey concentrates his practice on insurance, risk management issues, partnership law, employment disputes and professional liability. He advises insurers, policyholders and self-insureds in managing their financial risk issues — often on a multijurisdictional basis. He also has significant experience in the analysis of professional liability issues as well as partnership and fiduciary disputes. He also serves as a mediator and an arbitrator.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Trial Lawyers - Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel - Prior Chair of various committees
- American Bar Association - Business Insurance and Litigation Sections
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers - Member
- American Arbitration Association - approved arbitrator (DePaul Univ. Center for Dispute Resolution Mediation and Arbitration Training)
- Circuit Court of Cook County Court Annexed Major Case Civil Mediation Program - Court-Certified Mediator
Admissions aux Barreaux
U.S. Supreme Court~United States (1977)
Illinois~United States (1973)
U.S. District Court~United States (1973)
U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (1973)
University of Illinois College of Law
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.