Imke Gerdes has been with Baker & McKenzie Diwok Hermann Petsche since 2003 and is highly experienced in tax law. Ms. Gerdes is one of the few Austrian lawyers qualified as a lawyer and tax advisor ("Steuerberater"). She currently serves on the Steering Committee of the Firm’s Wealth Management Practice Group, and is head of the Global Equity Organization in Austria. Ms. Gerdes is a member of the International Fiscal Association, the German Bar Association, the Austrian Chamber for Tax Advisors (currently inactive), and is the vice president of the Austrian branch of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Ms. Gerdes routinely handles Austrian and international tax law matters. She advises clients on the tax aspects of company reorganizations, as well as M&A transactions and related tax structures. Ms. Gerdes also assists clients in tax audits, especially relating to transfer pricing issues, and competent authority procedures. Her impressive track record includes advising on the first cross-border merger in Austria.
Asuntos Representativos Legales
- Advised Bristol Myers Squibb in its sale of the Convatec business.
- Represented several clients in tax audits dealing with transfer pricing.
- Advised several multinational clients in cross-border restructuring.
- Represented a major Japan-based group of companies in a competent authority procedure.
- Acted as counsel to purchasers (for example IDEX Corporation), as well as to sellers in M&A transactions and the tax implications associated with these.
- Advised various international enterprises with the establishment and implementation of stock option plans.
Membresías y Asociaciones Profesionales
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Austrian Chamber for Tax Advisors - currently inactive
- Cologne Bar Association - Member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - Member
University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna
University of Passau
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.