Frederick Burke has over 20 years experience practicing in the area of corporate law. He served as the Practice Group Leader of the Firm’s Global WTO & International Trade Practice Group from 2006 to 2007, and has been ranked by Chambers Global as a leading lawyer in both Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions and International Trade for three successive years. Mr. Burke has also been recommended in more categories than any other lawyer in Vietnam by PLC Which Laywer? in 2008. He is currently a member of the Prime Minister’s Advisory Council on Administrative Reform in Vietnam.
Mr. Burke is highly regarded for his work on foreign investment projects in Vietnam and China for key players in the property development, trade, IT/C, and project finance areas. He provides practical advice in the related issues of securities, finance, tax, labor, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution. Mr. Burke also has extensive experience in working closely with Vietnamese legislators and law drafters on the many new laws and decrees that have been introduced to integrate Vietnam into the global economy.
Asuntos Representativos Legales
Acted as lead counsel for the STAR Project.
Advised on the establishment, tax planning, financing and implementation of the MGM Grand Ho Tram USD4 billion integrated resort project.
- Advised on initial PPMs for the two largest Vietnam land funds of Indochina Land, VinaCapital and AMPC.
- Involved in various aspects of the establishment and implementation of numerous successful property development projects, including the (former) Omni Hotel, New World Hotel, Saigon Center, Furama Hotel in Danang, Caravelle Hotel, Central Building in Hanoi, etc.
Membresías y Asociaciones Profesionales
- Prime Minister's Advisory Council on Administrative Reform ("Project 30") - Member
- American Chamber of Commerce, Vietnam - Member of the Board of Governor and Chairman, Legal Committee
- Hong Kong Business Association Vietnam - Vice-Chairman of the Executive Committee
- Vietnam Business Forum - Chairman, Manufacturing and Distribution Working Group
- US Vietnam Climate Change Working Group - Member
New York~United States (1988)
District of Columbia~United States (1988)
Baker & McKenzie (Vietnam) Ltd., a limited liability company, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.