Bruce Hambrett is one of Australia's leading insolvency and litigation lawyers. He is recommended by clients and peers for both insolvency and dispute resolution and is regularly ranked as an outstanding individual by independent global directories. He has been "hailed by peers as a trusted adviser who makes good calls", and is described as "impressive and experienced” and "strong intellectually and commercially."
Bruce is a former National Chair of Baker & McKenzie's Australian offices and now serves on the Firm's Global Executive Committee.
For more than 30 years, Bruce has been a key adviser to insolvency practitioners and financial institutions on insolvency-related issues, and a trusted adviser to boards and senior executives, including General Counsel, on disputes of strategic importance.
Asuntos Representativos Legales
- Advising various stakeholders in One-Tel Limited.
- Defending trustee for debenture holders in a class action claiming in excess of A$100 million.
- Advising senior executives in relation to investigations by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission into disclosure issues arising out of the Wembley Stadium Project.
- Advising key stakeholders including administrators of a number of recent major insolvencies including Fincorp, Australian Capital Reserve, Bridgecorp Finance, Westpoint, Lehman, Sons of Gwalia, Octavia and Griffin Coal amongst others.
- Best Lawyers – Insolvency and Reorganisation, Australian Financial Review, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Lawyers – Litigation, Australian Financial Review, 2013
- Leading Lawyer – Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global, 2013
- Leading Lawyer – Restructuring & Insolvency, Chambers Global, 2013
- Leading Lawyer – Restructuring & Insolvency, IFLR 1000, 2010
Membresías y Asociaciones Profesionales
- Law Council of Australia - Insolvency & Reconstruction Committee, Founding Chairman and Member (1988-1998)
- Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia - Member
- Law Council of Australia - Chairman, Media & Communications Committee, Business Law Section (1998-2005)
New South Wales~Australia (1975)
University of Sydney
University of Sydney
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.