Prof. Dr. Christoph Urtz is a member of Baker McKenzie's Austria Tax Practice Group. Prior to joining the Vienna office in 2015, he served as chair for the department of tax law at the University of Salzburg and as a lawyer in a leading Austrian law firm, in leading CEE law firms, and a Big Four professional services firm. In addition to his practice Prof. Dr. Urtz frequently publishes articles in professional journals as well as newspapers.
Prof. Dr. Urtz concentrates on a broad spectrum of corporate and international tax law, real estate taxation, tax proceedings and financial criminal law. He has handled cases involving a wide variety of domestic and international issues, including cross-border restructuring and real estate transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association - Member
- Austrian Chamber for Tax Advisors - Corresponding Member, Scientific Tax Board
- German Association of Tax Lawyers (DStJG) - Member
- Austria (2011)
- University of Salzburg (Habilitation) (2009)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2001)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1997)
- University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna (Mag. rer. soc. oec.) (1996)
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.