Paul Tan is endorsed as a "Highly Recommended Lawyer" by PLC Which lawyer? and is similarly recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific. He has been chairman and member of a number of government appointed Appeal Boards and Advisory Committees. Mr. Tan is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong, England & Wales and New South Wales. He is also a fellow of CPA Australia and a qualified accountant.
Mr. Tan's practice focuses on corporate and commercial matters, insurance regulatory matters, employment law, and pension funds.
- Advising a technology company on a joint venture to manufacture hard disk drive and actuated carriage assembly for a major global computer manufacturer. Advising and negotiating on all aspects of the deal including intellectual property licensing and corporate documentation. This is a strategic joint venture for our client to obtain access to key technology in an important market.
- Advised the Hong Kong government in preparing for a contingency plan, including potential human resources and insurance issues relating to a seizure of assets of a government franchised operation.
- Advised on specific human resources and pension-related issues in merger and acquisition transactions in Hong Kong, the PRC and the Asia Pacific region.
- Advised foreign multinationals on legal issues concerning employees’ stock options and purchase plans to be implemented in Hong Kong.
- Advised on employment and mandatory provident fund issues in relation to the merger of the Hong Kong operations of three major Japanese banks into a single business in Hong Kong.
- Advised a European-based bank on the downsizing of its operations in 13 jurisdictions in Asia.
- Hong Kong (1986)
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (1985)
- New South Wales~Australia (1982)
- University of Sydney (1985)
- University of Sydney (1982)
- University of Sydney (1980)