Gary Shapiro practices in the areas of information technology and international business technology transactions, as well as intellectual property counseling. He is listed among the top IP lawyers by Bay Area Lawyer Magazine, and has been top-ranked in Super Lawyer in the field of intellectual property. Mr. Shapiro has authored several articles for the San Francisco/Los Angeles Daily Journals, including "U.S. Law Goes Extraterritorial With Circuit's Patent Rulings. He is a member of the intellectual property sections of the State Bar of California and American Bar Association.
- State Bar of California - Intellectual Property Law Section
- American Bar Association - Intellectual Property Law Section
- California~United States (1981)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (1981)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D.)
- Brandeis University (B.A. cum laude)