Douvelin J. Serra-Gonzalez is the managing partner of Baker McKenzie's Valencia office since 2015. She joined the Firm in 1996 and became a local partner in 2005. She is a recognized leading lawyer in the Central Region of Venezuela advising on corporate matters including exchange controls, mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganizations. Douvelin also advises on tax, science and technology, and intellectual property matters.
Douvelin is part of the Corporate/M&A Venezuela and Tax practice groups and advises on corporate general tax, exchanges control regime, science and technology and intellectual property.
Representative Legal Matters
- Obtained broad experience advising manufacturing, industrial, oil & gas as well as services companies in diverse sectors such as automotive, food, health, technology, agro-industrial, chemical among many others.
- Advised on real estate acquisitions from a corporate, tax standpoint.
- Participated in various significant divestitures of multinational companies in Venezuela.
- Represented the mergers and acquisitions of manufacturing industries.
- Negotiated the construction agreement of Subway trails of the city of Valencia with government authorities.
- Negotiated construction agreement of shipyards.
- Defends clients against the Venezuelan Tax Administration resolutions on income, values added and municipal taxes.
- Drafts articles of incorporation and by-laws of corporations and limited liability partnerships as well as negotiated and drafted joint ventures, merges, acquisitions, distribution, license, products sales and lease agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Carabobo Bar Association - Member
- Carabobo State Oil Chamber (CAPETCAR) - General Secretary
- Carabobo State Executive Association (AEEC) - General Counsel
- Caracas Bar Association - Member
- Industrial Chamber of Carabobo State (CIEC) - General Counsel
- Venezuelan Industrial and Intellectual Property Association - Member
- Venezuela (1995)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (LL.M.) (2001)
- Georgetown University (Diploma) (2000)
- Andrés Bello Catholic University (Law Degree) (1994)
Baker & McKenzie SC is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.