Sean Rush is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Sydney office where he advises on all aspects of banking and finance. He is recognised for his strength in acquisition finance and project finance, particularly on major infrastructure projects. Sean is competent in Spanish and has advised various Spanish and Latin American based multinationals on their investments and projects in Australia and internationally. Sean has previously worked in Baker McKenzie's Santiago and London offices.
Sean has extensive international experience advising borrowers, sponsors and lenders on leveraged acquisition, corporate and project financing transactions as well as high-value, complex, multijurisdictional and cross-border financing transactions. He has structured, negotiated and documented major projects in Australia and internationally under both corporate and project finance facilities. Sean is well connected in the finance industry and understands the needs of major projects to ensure they are bankable in the current financing environment.
- "Very good knowledge of the banking industry." Chambers Asia Pacific 2016
- "Everything is carefully planned out; he manages his clients' expectations well and is extremely attentive." Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
- "very good, clear analytical thinker on banking matters," Chambers Asia Pacific 2014
- "...acute sense" of the market, "customer focused" and "responsive," Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- "Highly rated", IFLR1000 2013
- "…considerable international project and acquisition finance expertise," Chambers Asia Pacific 2013
- "Excellent" leader of a "top-notch, responsive and practical" team, Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Highly recommended in Acquisition Finance, Chambers Asia Pacific 2012-present
- "Financing guru," Australasian Legal Business 2009
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
- Papua New Guinea (1995)
- New South Wales~Australia (1990)
- BPP Professional Education (UK Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test) (2003)
- University of Papua New Guinea (Papua New Guinea Lawyers Admission Exams) (1995)
- University of Technology (Graduate Diploma Legal Practice) (1990)
- Macquarie University (LL.B.) (1990)
- Macquarie University (Bachelor of Economics) (1989)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.