Stefan Riegler has significant experience in dispute resolution. He has authored several articles and publications, including Arbitration Law of Austria: Practice and Procedure and the Austria and the Vienna Rules chapters in World Arbitration Reporter. He is a member of the Board of the Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAut), of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and of various arbitration organizations. Prior to joining the Firm, Stefan served as a partner of Wolf Theiss.
Stefan advises national and international companies on commercial disputes, especially with regard to infrastructure and construction projects, as well as oil & gas. He is also experienced in handling corporate, post-M&A and damage disputes, as well as in distribution matters. Stefan acts as counsel before state courts and arbitral tribunals and is increasingly working as an arbitrator. He is also well versed on all issues relating to bankruptcy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as a counsel in various institutional arbitrations (particularly under the Vienna Rules, the ICC Rules, the Swiss Rules, the DIS Rules and the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules) and in ad hoc arbitrations.
- Acted as a chariman, a sole- and a party-appointed arbitrator in arbitrations under the Vienna Rules and the ICC Rules and in ad hoc arbitrations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAUT) - Board Member
- ICC Commission on Arbitration - Member, nominated by National ICC Committee
- School of International Arbitration Alumni - Member
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) - Member
- International Arbitration Institute (IAI) - Member
- International Bar Association (IBA) - Member
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) - Member
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA) - Member
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA) - Member
- Austria (2005)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2004)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.) (2003)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1998)
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.