Stefan Riegler has significant experience in dispute resolution. He has authored several articles and publications, including Arbitration Law of Austria: Practice and Procedure. He is a founding member and former chairman of the Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners, and is a member of various arbitration organizations. Prior to joining the Firm, he served as a partner of Wolf Theiss.
Dr. Riegler advises national and international companies on commercial disputes, especially with regard to infrastructure and construction projects, as well as oil & gas. He is also experienced in handling corporate and damage disputes, as well as in distribution matters. Dr. Riegler acts as counsel before state courts and arbitral tribunals and is increasingly working as an arbitrator. He is also well versed on all issues relating to bankruptcy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as a counsel in various institutional arbitrations (particularly under the Vienna Rules, the ICC Rules and the DIS Rules) and in ad hoc arbitrations.
- Acted as a chariman, a sole- and a party-appointed arbitrator in arbitrations under the Vienna Rules and the ICC Rules and in ad hoc arbitrations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- School of International Arbitration Alumni - Member
- International Arbitration Institute - Member
- Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAUT) - Member
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP) - Member
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Arbitration Association - Member
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb) - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- London Court of International Arbitration - Member
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- Austria (2005)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2004)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.) (2003)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (1998)
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.