Dr. Nikolaus Reinhuber has more than 25 years' experience in cross-border transactions and is the Global Chair of the Industrials, Manufacturing and Transportation (IMT) industry group in Baker McKenzie’s office in Frankfurt. Clients have described him as "statesmanlike, with real interpersonal skills, who strikes the right note at 3 a.m. and gets the deal to the finish line" as well as "excellent work and extremely strong dedication" (JUVE 2014/2015). Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2008, he served as an M&A and corporate partner with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, where he also held a global management position. Dr. Reinhuber has also acted as a supervisory board member of listed companies and advised them on their IPOs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Flowserve Corp. on the acquisition of SIHI Group from Thyssen-Bornemisza Group and on the sale of its Gestra Group to Spirax-Sarco.
- Advised Ingersoll Rand plc. i.a. on the acquisition of Frigoblock Grosskopf GmbH.
- Advised Allegion plc on the acquisition of SimonsVoss Technologies.
- Advised Sulzer AG on the sale of the MetCo division to OC Oerlikon and on the acquisition of GEKA Group from 3i.
- Advised the Schuler family on the sale of their 38.5 percent stake in Schuler AG to Andritz Group.
- Advised Cummins Inc. i.a. on the acquisition of the SCR division from Hilite/3i.
- Advised Karl Schlecht Stiftung on the sale of the Putzmeister Group to Chinese Sany Heavy Industries.
- Advised CQLT on the acquisition of SaarGummi, the largest Chinese investment in Germany at the time.
- Advised Morgan Stanley/Deutsche Bank on the re-IPO of Lenzing AG.
- Germany (1990)
- University of Hamburg (Dr. jur.) (1995)
- State of Hamburg (Second State Exam) (1989)
- University of London (LL.B.) (1988)
- State of Hamburg (First State Exam) (1986)