Dr. Nikolaus Reinhuber has more than 25 years' experience in cross-border transactions. Clients have described him as "statesmanlike, with real interpersonal skills, who strikes the right note at 3 a.m. and gets the deal to the finish line" as well as "excellent work and extremely strong dedication" (JUVE 2014/2015). Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2008, he served as an M&A and corporate partner with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, where he also held a global management position. Dr. Reinhuber has also acted as a supervisory board member of listed companies and advised them on their IPOs.
Dr. Nikolaus Reinhuber focuses his practice on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, and joint ventures, as well as general company and capital markets law. He acts for corporate and private equity clients across various industries, including automotive, technology, energy and infrastructure.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Flowserve Corp. on the acquisition of SIHI Group from Thyssen-Bornemisza Group.
- Advised Ingersoll Rand plc. i.a. on the acquisition of Frigoblock Grosskopf GmbH.
- Advised Sulzer AG on the sale of the MetCo division to OC Oerlikon.
- Advised the Schuler family on the sale of their 38.5 percent stake in Schuler AG to Andritz Group.
- Advised Cummins Inc. i.a. on the acquisition of the SCR division from Hilite/3i.
- Advised Karl Schlecht Stiftung on the sale of the Putzmeister Group to Chinese Sany Heavy Industries.
- Advised CQLT on the acquisition of SaarGummi, the largest Chinese investment in Germany at the time.
- Advised Morgan Stanley/Deutsche Bank on the re-IPO of Lenzing AG.
- Advised Permira on the takeover of Valentino/Hugo Boss AG.
- Advised KKR and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners on the acquisition of KION Group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German British Jurists Association - Vice President
- Germany (1990)
- University of Hamburg (Dr. jur.) (1995)
- State of Hamburg (Second State Exam) (1989)
- University of London (LL.B.) (1988)
- State of Hamburg (First State Exam) (1986)