Astrid Raetze is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker & McKenzie where she advises on financial products, financial markets, securities and futures transactions. She advises stockbrokers, investment banks and securities markets participants on financial products, derivatives and related issues.
Astrid acts for issuers of structured financial products, exchange-traded funds, debt securities, index-linked notes, listed unit trusts, risk derivatives, margin lending, sustainable energy derivatives and other financial products. She advises major warrant issuers and institutions regarding stockbroking, securities dealing and futures broking law.
- Acting for issuers of complex structured financial products, including retail and wholesale OTC and listed products structured as securities, derivatives, hybrids, funds, instalment products. Issuers include investment banks, funds managers, special purpose vehicles, hedge funds, trustees and responsible entities.
- Acting for ISDA counterparties in preparing and negotiating complex ISDA and securities lending documentation, including schedules, CSAs, confirmations, GMSLAs, MSLAs.
- Acting for financial markets and new entrants to financial markets, assisting in establishing new financial markets, including both securities and futures exchanges.
- Acting for participants in financial markets and advising on all regulatory aspects, including financial services, market rules and regulatory matters.
- Law Society of New South Wales
- New South Wales~Australia (1997)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1996)
- University of Sydney (B.A.) (1993)