Dr. Rembert Niebel is head of the Germany Intellectual Property Practice Group. He is listed as a frequently recommended lawyer in the area of trademark law in JUVE Handbook of Law. According to Chambers Europe, "Market observers appreciate his in-depth trademark expertise, which includes registration, counseling and infringement proceedings."
Dr. Rembert Niebel focuses his practice on contentious and non-contentious trademark law, particularly on combating product piracy, global re-brandings of multinational companies, transnational trademark prosecution, strategic trademark counseling and trademark licensing. He also has extensive litigation experience in the areas of trade secret protection, registered designs and unfair competition law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Counseling and representing a leading games and toy manufacturer and a leading IT and consumer electronics company in all IP matters including licensing and anti-product piracy work.
- Advised on numerous major global re-branding projects, including for two world leaders in the consulting field, a major multinational advertising agency as well as a German multinational energy and a German multinational chemicals business.
- Successfully assisted numerous major multinational companies in recovering their domain names.
- Advised a major multinational consumer goods company and a major German publishing house on antitrust issues in trademark licensing agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Frankfurt ("Frankfurter Juristische Gesellschaft e.V.") - Director
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property & Copyright (GRUR) - Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Member
- Germany (1997)
- University of Jena (Dr. iur.) (1996)
- Columbia University (LL.M.) (1994)
- University of Augsburg (Referendar Exam) (1993)