Gillian Maharaj is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Toronto office. A graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School, Gillian began her career at a large full service firm, where she gained diverse experience in a variety of practice areas. Gillian completed her articles at a leading employment and labor law firm, focusing on the management representation in human resources law and advocacy.
Gillian is also involved in pro bono work. Some of her experience includes the Family Law Information Clinic at Newmarket Superior Court, the Will Drafting Project with Pro Bono Students Canada, Court Intake work at Scarborough Criminal Court, and the Child Protection Externship at the Children’s Aid Society of Toronto.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2017)
- Osgoode Hall Law School (Juris Doctor) (2016)
- York University (Bachelor of Arts in Criminology with Honours) (2013)