Jordan Kirkness is a senior associate in our North America Compensation and Employment Law Practice Group. Representing employers in all areas of labour and employment law, Mr. Kirkness has a broad range of experience, advising clients in both the public and private sectors, including those with unionized workplaces.
Mr. Kirkness works hard to understand each client’s individual needs, and provides tailored, strategic and pragmatic advice to assist clients in resolving litigation, or in otherwise identifying the right legal solution.
Mr. Kirkness is certified by the Human Resources Professionals Association as a workplace investigator, and has experience as lead negotiator in collective bargaining. Mr. Kirkness has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario, and before many administrative tribunals.
Mr. Kirkness regularly advises employers in labour and employment matters, including employment contracts, employment standards, human rights, union certification, collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, employee mobility, wrongful dismissal, privacy, workplace policies and procedures, workplace investigations and occupational health and safety.
Mr. Kirkness has unique experience working with new businesses who are starting, or expanding into, Canada, helping them efficiently establish enforceable employment agreements and compliant workplace policies and procedures.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
- Law Society of British Columbia - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- The Advocates' Society - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2010)
- British Columbia~Canada (2010)
- Dalhousie University (Juris Doctor) (2009)
- University of Calgary (Bachelor of Arts Philosophy Honours) (2006)
- University of Toronto (Bachelor of Music in Performance) (2001)