Bruce Jackson has over 40 years of experience practicing in the area of international business litigation. He is a member of the Bay Area Association of Business Trial Lawyers and was recently recognized as a leading litigator by Super Lawyers of Northern California. Mr. Jackson served as a trial lawyer in the US Navy, JAGC from 1968 to 1972, before joining Baker McKenzie in Washington D.C. He moved to the San Francisco office in 1981 where he has served as head of the litigation department and several terms as the managing partner.
Mr. Jackson’s practice focuses on the litigation, arbitration and mediation of complex international business disputes. He assists clients in all phases of commercial litigation — including jury trials and appeals in both federal and state courts. He routinely handles domestic and multinational litigation and arbitration of business transactions involving contract, fraud, antitrust, unfair competition, unfair business practice, as well as breach of fiduciary duty/ERISA and related claims. Mr. Jackson handled numerous domestic arbitrations under American Arbitration Association Rules as well as arbitrations in Paris, Zurich and London under the ICC Rules and in Stockholm under the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce Rules. He has developed special expertise in dealing with the unique choice of law, attachment, discovery and enforcement issues that arise in such cross- border disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defended a major Japanese construction company in an eight week AAA arbitration involving complex issues of breach of contract and fraud.
- Defended a California telecom products producer in a Swiss ICC arbitration with a major international telecom company.
- Defended Banco do Brasil in a federal lawsuit involving allegations of fraud and breach of contract.
- Defended Tatung, America in national class action litigation involving allegations of conspiracy to fix prices of liquid crystal displays ( In re: TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation, U.S. District Court Northern District of California, Case No. 07-1827 SI, MDL No. 1827 ).
- Defended Boucheron in state and national class action litigation involving allegations of conspiracy to fix prices of cosmetics ( Azizian, et al. v. Federated Department Stores, Inc., et al., U.S. District Court Northern District of California (Oakland Division), Case No. 03-CV-03359 SBA ).
- Defended Forest Pharmaceuticals in state and national class action litigation involving allegations of conspiracy to fix prices and Robinson Patman claims of price discrimination between purchasers of name brand and generic drugs ( Pharmaceutical Cases I, II AND III - Coordination Proceedings Special Title (RULE 1550(b)) - Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Francisco, Case No. J.C.C.P. Nos. 2969, 2971 and 2972 ).
- Represented several national manufacturers in a landmark Proposition 65 lawsuit.
- Defended Wells Fargo Bank in several ERISA cases alleging breach of fiduciary duty, including a class action case.
- Defended Copley Press, Inc. in a class action ERISA case alleging breach of fiduciary duty.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (1990)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (1985)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (1981)
- California~United States (1981)
- U.S. Court of International Trade~United States (1977)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (1974)
- District of Columbia~United States (1973)
- Connecticut~United States (1968)
- Washington and Lee University (LL.B. cum laude) (1968)
- Washington and Lee University (B.A.) (1965)
- Washington, DC