Ryan Hennessey is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution and Litigation team at Baker & McKenzie, Melbourne. Ryan has advised both local and international clients in relation to commercial disputes concerning a broad range of issues, insolvency and anti-bribery, and anti-corruption related issues. He also acts on a pro bono basis on behalf of clients of the Homeless Persons' Legal Clinic and patients of the Peter Mac Cancer Centre. Prior to joining the Firm in 2004, Ryan worked at a top-tier accountancy firm focused on insolvency, restructuring and corporate finance. He is a member of a number of professional organizations including the Law Institute of Victoria and the Law Council of Australia.
Ryan has substantial experience in relation to the resolution of commercial disputes involving issues of contract law, environmental liability, insolvency, corporations law, the enforcement of securities and other complex commercial issues. He has also assisted clients with regulatory investigations and prosecutions concerning issues of fraud and bribery and corruption. Ryan has prepared for, appeared and instructed at both interlocutory and final hearings in the Supreme Court of Victoria and Federal Court of Australia.
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia - Member
- Law Council of Australia - Member
- International Women's Insolvency & Reconstruction Confederation - Member
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2007)
- Victoria~Australia (2005)
- Queensland University of Technology (Bachelor of Business) (2003)
- Queensland University of Technology (LL.B.) (2003)