Günther Heckelmann is ranked by top legal directories — including Chambers Global, JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftskanzleien, PLC Which lawyer? and Expert Guides - Labour and Employment Lawyers — as one of the leading German labor and employment lawyers. He is chair of the Firm’s Global Employment & Compensation Group. From 1998 to 2007, Günther was managing partner of Baker McKenzie Germany. Günther is admitted as a lawyer focusing on the area of labor and employment law.
Günther advises companies on all labor and employment-related matters, particularly in conjunction with complex global reorganizations. He also counsels clients on employment issues arising from multijurisdictional mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and post-merger integrations. Günther likewise represents clients in negotiations with works councils and unions, and advises on European Works Council matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Labor and employment advice to companies in conjunction with complex global or regional reductions in force and restructurings.
- Advice to companies concerning labor and employment issues relating to multijurisdictional mergers and acquisitions.
- European Works Council advice to numerous Fortune 100 companies.
- Germany (1985)
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law) (1993)
- University of California at Berkeley (Boalt Hall) (1983)
- University of Mainz (Referendar Exam) (1981)