George is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker & McKenzie. He handles corporate finance work as well as acquisitions and disposals. He also advises on insolvency, workout and derivatives issues. He is recognised as a “leading individual” in Australia by the Asia Pacific Legal 500.
George has experience in project financing in the natural resources, power and telecommunications sector, acquisitions and disposals, and advising banks and insolvency practitioners on various workout and insolvency issues.
- Advising major fund managers on the funding of various development and investment property acquisitions in Australia, including by way of debt funding.
- Advising on one of the largest single real estate transactions in Australia in recent years.
- Acting for one of Australia's largest banks as senior financier in major developments and residential/commercial projects.
- Acting on the first entrance of private equity cash into the Australian REIT sector.
- Advising companies in Europe and Asia on close-out of derivatives positions.
- Victoria~Australia (1985)
- New South Wales~Australia (1979)
- University of Sydney (LL.M.) (1989)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1979)
- University of Sydney (B.A.) (1977)