Steven Hadjilogiou is a partner in the Firm’s Tax Practice Group in Miami. He is consistently recognized as a leading tax lawyer by Chambers USA, top-rated by Florida Super Lawyers, and recognized in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite.
Steven has written numerous articles and presented on topics related to tax. He was a primary drafter of the amicus curiae brief submitted to the US Supreme Court on behalf of the Florida Bar Tax Section in Knight v. Commissioner in 2008. Steven is also an adjunct professor in the University of Miami School of Law's Tax LLM program.
Steven focuses his practice on tax planning. He has substantial experience advising on transfer pricing, tax-related intellectual property matters, Subpart F and foreign investment in US real property. He has also worked on the taxation of partnerships and corporations, and international corporate reorganizations.
Steven also counsels on state and local tax, inbound and outbound transactional planning, and other corporate and real estate tax issues in several jurisdictions across the world. He has represented various Fortune 500 companies and major privately held businesses in their tax planning and supply chain projects.
- Three-time Recipient, Chair’s Special Merit Award, Florida Bar Tax Section
- Leading Tax Lawyer, Chambers USA, 2011-2016
- Super Lawyer, Florida Super Lawyers, 2016
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers, 2011-2015
- Up & Comer, Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2010-2016
- Rising Star, Daily Business Review
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - Member
- State Bar of Georgia - Member
- Florida Bar - Federal Tax Division, Co-Chair; International Tax In-Bound Committee, Vice-Chair
- Greater Miami Tax Institute - Secretary/Treasurer
- Florida International Bankers Association (FIBA) - Young Professionals Committee; Member of Steering Committee
- Adjunct Professor, University of Miami School of Law Tax LLM program
- Lead drafter, amicus curiae brief in the case of Michael J. Knight, Trustee of the William L. Rudkin Testamentary Trust v. Commissioner, filed by the Florida Bar Tax Section before the US Supreme Court
- Volunteer lawyer, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- Volunteer lawyer, Three Rivers Legal Services’ Landlord/Tenant Clinic, Gainesville, Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2009)
- Georgia~United States (2006)
- Florida~United States (2005)
- University of Florida (LL.M. Taxation) (2006)
- University of Florida (J.D. cum laude) (2005)
- University of Florida (Master of Science magna cum laude) (2005)
- University of Florida (B.S. cum laude) (2001)