Pallavi Gopinath Aney is an associate principal in the Finance and Projects Practice Group at Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow, focusing on debt capital markets. She has worked in Singapore for over nine years and has prior experience working in India. Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 states that she is praised by sources for her "solution-oriented, pragmatic" approach and Chambers Asia Pacific 2016 states "she is highly rated by clients, who single out her ‘thoroughness and minute attention to detail.’ She has a strong focus on debt capital markets, acting for a range of issuers, underwriters and sponsors".
Pallavi acts for issuers, underwriters and sponsors in a wide range of capital markets transactions across the Asia Pacific region. She is experienced in Rule 144A and Regulation S international debt offerings, equity linked offerings of exchangeable and convertible bonds, and equity offerings. Pallavi also has significant experience in liability management transactions in the region, including advising issuers and dealer managers on consent solicitations, exchange offers, induced conversions and tender offers. She regularly handles and closes large and complex capital raisings as evidenced by advising the lead managers on the USD 1.5 billion dual tranche notes offering by Tata Steel Limited.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Videocon Industries Limited on an exchange offer and consent solicitation process.
Prior to joining the Firm, Pallavi worked on the following matters:
- Advised Standard Chartered and UBS on the USD 100 million exchangeable bond offering by PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya Tbk, exchangeable into shares of PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk.
- Advised a syndicate of 12 banks on Tata Steel Limited’s two-tranche USD 1.5 billion guaranteed notes offering.
- Advised Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch, Citi, JPMorgan and Standard Chartered on Bank of Baroda’s USD 750 million notes offering.
- Advised Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch, Citi, Deutsche Bank, HSBC and Standard Chartered on Bank of India’s USD 500 million notes offering.
- Advised AE-Rotor Holding B.V., on its USD 647 million SBLC-backed notes offering.
- Advised Citi and RBS on the establishment of Infrastructure Development Finance Company’s EMTN program.
- Advised Suzlon Energy Limited on its restructuring of four series of convertible bonds, which involved the existing bonds being substituted by new USD 546,916,000 step-up convertible bonds due 2019. This matter is the largest Indian restructuring to date and IFLR’s R&I Deal of the Year at the 2015 Asia Awards.
- Advised Credit Suisse on two tender offers and related new offerings of convertible bonds by CapitaLand Limited.
- Advised Deutsche Bank and Standard Chartered on San Miguel Corporation’s tender offer and consent solicitation process.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.