Pallavi Gopinath Aney is an associate principal in the Finance and Projects Practice Group at Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow, focusing on debt capital markets. She has worked in Singapore for over nine years and has prior experience working in India. Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 states that she is praised by sources for her "solution-oriented, pragmatic" approach and Chambers Asia Pacific 2016 states "she is highly rated by clients, who single out her ‘thoroughness and minute attention to detail.’ She has a strong focus on debt capital markets, acting for a range of issuers, underwriters and sponsors".
Pallavi acts for issuers, underwriters and sponsors in a wide range of capital markets transactions across the Asia Pacific region. She is experienced in Rule 144A and Regulation S international debt offerings, equity linked offerings of exchangeable and convertible bonds, and equity offerings. Pallavi also has significant experience in liability management transactions in the region, including advising issuers and dealer managers on consent solicitations, exchange offers, induced conversions and tender offers. She regularly handles and closes large and complex capital raisings as evidenced by advising the lead managers on the USD 1.5 billion dual tranche notes offering by Tata Steel Limited.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Singha Estate Public Company Limited on its dual-track offering of USD 180 million of convertible bonds and USD 50 million of shares.
- Advised Samvardhana Motherson Automotive Systems Group on its EUR 300 million notes offering.
- Advised Jaiprakash Associates on an exchange offer and consent solicitation process.
- Advised Videocon Industries Limited on an exchange offer and consent solicitation process.
- Advised the underwriters on the debut offering of “masala bonds” by the Edelweiss group.
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank on a consent solicitation exercise undertaken by Ascendas Property Fund Trustee Pte. Ltd. (in its capacity as trustee-manager for the Ascendas India Trust).
- Advised each of Frasers Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust, Frasers Centrepoint Trust, Frasers Logistics and Industrial Trust and Frasers Centrepoint Limited on the establishment of their respective EMTN programmes.
Prior to joining the Firm, Pallavi worked on the following matters:
- Advised Standard Chartered and UBS on the USD 100 million exchangeable bond offering by PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya Tbk, exchangeable into shares of PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk.
- Advised Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch, Citi, JPMorgan and Standard Chartered on Bank of Baroda’s USD 750 million notes offering.
- Advised AE-Rotor Holding B.V., on its USD 647 million SBLC-backed notes offering.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.