Dr. Burkard Göpfert practices in the area of employment law. Dr. Göpfert has recently published a treatise on German employment laws in crisis and insolvency as well as a joint publication with McKinsey on German restructuring practice. He is active in the IBA and an officer for the restructuring session of IPBA. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he worked in the German Gleiss Lutz firm where he was the relationship partner for China and Southeast Asia.
Dr. Göpfert focuses his practice on HR reorganizations and related litigation, compliance investigations, data protection and anti-discrimination.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on a German plant closure.
- Advised high profile cases with the German Higest Labour Court on TUPE transfers and discrimination.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association - Member
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Germany (1996)
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law) (1997)
- Landgericht Berlin (Second State Exam) (1995)
- University of Munich (Dr. iur.) (1995)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M.) (1994)
- University of Munich (First State Exam) (1992)