Dr. Wendelin Ettmayer joined Baker McKenzie in 2012. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked as an associate for well-renowned central European law firms from 2007 to 2011. Following his graduation from the University of Vienna in 2004, Dr. Ettmayer worked at the Institute for Labor and Social Security Law of the University of Vienna. He is experienced in public and private M&A transactions and general corporate law matters.
Dr. Ettmayer is seasoned in public and private M&A transactions. In his M&A practice, he focuses on advising international clients in connection with contemplated inbound investments into Austria, particularly the acquisition of Austrian targets. Furthermore, he renders advice in connection with corporate restructurings and on all aspects of general corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised LeasePlan Corporation in connection with the acquisition of BAWAG P.S.K. Fuhrparleasing GmbH in 2013.
- Advised Becton, Dickinson & Company with respect to the acquisition of Cato Software Solutions GmbH in 2013.
- Advised EQT in connection with the EUR220 million acquisition of UC4 Software in 2012.
- Advised digital sports specialists PERFORM Group PLC in connection with the acquisition of the Austrian subsidiary of Swiss-based sports data company RunningBall AG for EUR120 million in cash and shares.
- Advised INTEL on Austrian law aspects in connection with the acquisition of the Wireless Solution Business from Infineon in 2010.
- Austria (2011)
- University of London (Queen Mary) (LL.M.) (2011)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2008)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2004)