Liliana Espinosa Reboa is co-chair of the Peru Corporate and M&A practice. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked as part of the Latin American team at O’Melveny & Myers LLP for five years, where she was exposed to sophisticated transactions in multiple jurisdictions.
Ms. Espinosa has participated in several local and foreign acquisition transactions and sales of companies, assets and shares, as well as private equity transactions and different types of domestic and international financing. Her experience includes mergers, spin-offs, reorganizations and other complex structures in sectors such as fishery, financial systems, telecommunications, retail and services.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Mayorsa S.A. on its acquisition of a supermarket chain. The transaction included the acquisition of an assortment of assets, as well as merchandise in over nine stores.
- Advised on the acquisition of 100 percent of Aeropuertos del Peru and 51 percent of Swissport GBH Peru S.A. by Talma Servicios Aeroportuarios S.A.
- Advised Compass on its acquisition, together with Summa, of preferential shares representing 49 percent of the capital stock of Instituto de Creatividad y Negocios S.A.C., holding of the Group Toulouse-Lautrec. This investment will allow Group Toulouse-Lautrec to manage the Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de América Latina S.A.C.
- Advised on the acquisition of 85 percent of the Mexican companies Braniff Air Freight and Company S.A. de C.V. and Braniff Transport Carga S.A. de C.V by Talma Servicios Aeroportuarios S.A. This transaction represents the first cross-border transaction by Talma, acquiring the second largest air cargo services company in Mexico.
- Advised the shareholders of Haug S.A., a leading company in the metal works industry, on the sale of a majority stake to Benito Roggio e Hijos S.A., one of the largest construction companies in Argentina.
- Advised a group of investment funds on the acquisition of a major player in the home improvement business for approximately USD123 million.
- Advised a group of shareholders on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Compañía Minera Poderosa S.A. for USD52 million, including the negotiation of agreements between the various shareholders and investors.
- Advised on the sale of a controlling stake (84.38 percent) of common stock class A shares of Compañía Minera Atacocha S.A.A.
- Advised on the acquisition of an 18 percent participation in Pesquera Diamante S.A. and Empresa Pesquera Puerto Rico S.A. by Enfoca Descubridor 1 investment fund.
- Advised on the acquisition of several fishing plants and fishing vessels by China Fishery Group through its Peruvian subsidiary CFG Investment.
- New York~United States (2001)
- Peru (1997)
- New York University (LL.M. Corporate Law) (2000)