David R. Callaway has more than 30 years of experience in criminal law and trial practice, including 18 years as Assistant United States Attorney. Before joining Baker McKenzie, David was chief of the Criminal Division in the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California, where he managed a large team prosecuting federal criminal cases in every area, including economic crime and securities fraud, national security, public corruption, trade secret, OFAC and export enforcement, FCPA and organized crime, among others.
David was also chief of the Economic Crimes and Securities Fraud section from 2011 to 2012, and chief and deputy chief of the San Jose Branch office from 2006 to 2010. He also served at various times as Health Care and Bankruptcy fraud coordinator for the district. He received the Executive Office for US Attorneys' Director's Award for Superior Performance in 2003. Earlier in his career, David served for three years as a Deputy District Attorney in Santa Clara County, five years in a white collar criminal defense firm, and three years with the US Army Judge Advocate General's Corps, including tours in Panama and Korea.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2001)
- California~United States (1985)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (1985)
- University of California - Berkeley (Boalt Hall School of Law) (J.D.) (1985)
- Santa Clara University School of Law (B.A. summa cum laude) (1982)