Casper Banz is partner in Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office. He was Managing Partner of the Amsterdam office until 2017. He is a regular speaker at seminars, and has, among others, delivered presentations on topics such as consortium bids in private equity transactions at the KPMG M&A seminar and the Duisenberg School of Finance, and on commercial agreements for hotel operations at the Horwath Hotel Event. Casper has been recommended several times by Chambers, Legal 500, and IFLR1000.
Casper focuses his practice on corporate transactions, which mainly consist of strategic and private equity-driven private mergers and acquisitions. He has worked with numerous private equity firms over the course of his career. In addition, Casper advises clients in the hospitality industry on hotel development and hotel operation contracts. He is regularly retained for board room advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ergon Capital Partners on acquisition of Keesing Media Group.
- Advised HB Capital and Opportunity Partners on the acquisition of the Hurks Groep.
- Advised Blokker on the sale of Leen Bakker.
- Advised Chesnara on the acquisition of Legal & General Nederland.
- Advised Drukkerij Zwart on the sale of a majority stake to Schur Flexibles.
- Advised Accenture on acquisition of Realworld OO Systems.
- Advising Coolinvestments on the insolvency restructuring of Dutch retail store MS Mode.
- Advised Daimler AG on acquisition Athlon Car Lease International B.V.
- Advised Accenture on the acquisition of MobGen Group.
- Advised Royal De Heus on the acquisition of Coops Mengvoeders.
Professional Associations and Memberships
International Bar Association - Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (1990)