Martin Anderson is the managing partner of Baker McKenzie Geneva. He chairs the Mergers & Acquisitions/Private Equity practice and focuses on M&A, private equity, capital markets, and banking and finance matters. He is ranked among the leading lawyers in M&A in Switzerland by several directories and is a recognized representative for issuers at the SIX Swiss Exchange. Mr. Anderson joined the Firm in 1990 after graduating in both business administration and law at the University of Geneva.
Mr. Anderson practises mainly in the areas of mergers and acquisitions (acquisitions and divestures in public and private companies, mergers, recapitalisations), private equity (assistance to investors and management teams in management buyouts, venture capital and capital raising projects) and corporate law (corporate governance, shareholders' agreements, corporate restructurings). He also assists banks and other financial institutions in lending transactions including structured financings, derivatives and financial products, investment funds, custody and regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted several Swiss and international banks and investors in their acquisitions and/or disposals of other banks or portfolios of clients, and in merger projects in the banking sector.
- Assisted several investors in their private equity investments in Swiss-based firms active in the pharmaceuticals/biotech/services/machinery/chemicals sectors.
- Assisted several electricity companies in their acquisitions and joint venture projects, particularly in the renewable energy sector.
- Assisted the Citizen Watch Group in its acquisition of the Swiss watch manufacturer Frédérique Constant.
- Assisted the owner of a Swiss national league sports club in the divestment of its shareholding.
- Assisted Groupe Bruxelles Lambert in its acquisition of a large block of shares in SIX-listed Société Générale de Surveillance.
- Acted for the majority investor Montagu and management in the original acquisition and subsequent exit trade sale of HCT Shaping Systems SA to Applied Materials Inc., a large US-listed company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Geneva Business Law Association - Committee Member
- Geneva Bar Association - Member
- Geneva~Switzerland (1992)
- University of Geneva (Licence en droit) (1990)
- University of Geneva (B.A.) (1987)