Best International Firm for Women in Business Law for 6th Consecutive Year
- The Firm has won the coveted "Best International Firm for Women in Business Law" award every year since the Euromoney Legal Media Group Asia Women in Business Law Awards started in 2011
- The Firm also won country awards in Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines
Baker & McKenzie took home nine awards at the recent Euromoney Legal Media Group Asia Women in Business Law Awards held in Hong Kong, including the coveted "Best International Firm for Women in Business Law Award. Member firms, Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners won a country award for Indonesia; while Wong & Partners and Quisumbing Torres collected the country awards for Malaysia and Philippines, respectively.
In addition, five lawyers from across the Firm's 17 offices were recognized as leading practitioners in their respective fields. They are:
- Best in Labour & Employment – Seraphim Ma, Partner, Baker & McKenzie, Taipei
- Best in Tax – Dawn Quek, Principal, Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow, Singapore
- Best in TMT – Anne-Marie Allgrove, Partner, Baker & McKenzie, Australia
- Best in Transfer Pricing – Adeline Wong, Partner, Wong & Partners, Malaysia
- Rising Star: Corporate – Stephanie Phua, Partner, Wong & Partners, Malaysia
Anne-Marie Allgrove, Asia Pacific representative on the Firm's Global Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Chair of the Firm’s Global ITC Industry and Practice Group, applauded those driving an increasingly inclusive culture across the global law firm, and those women whose success continues to break down barriers. "These awards reflect the individual accomplishments of some of our truly excellent women lawyers. Ensuring talented women excel at Baker & McKenzie is a central part of our commitment to inclusion."
Gary Seib, Baker & McKenzie's Asia Pacific Chair, said, "It is extremely gratifying to be recognized for our continuous efforts in fostering a gender diverse work environment at all levels of our Firm. It is also a reflection of our merit-based culture where our lawyers can thrive and rise to the top in their fields, which is essential to providing our clients with the world-class service that they have come to expect from the leading global law firm. I congratulate our winners on their well deserved awards, and also like to thank all of our lawyers and professional staff, many of whom devote their personal time to making a difference in their local communities and also the legal profession."
The Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards recognizes lawyers who are influential and leading professionals in their chosen field, and firms that have shown outstanding achievement in supporting the development of women in the legal profession across different continents.