Your 2018 Pensions Legal Planner
In this issue:
- Prepare for new data protection regime - in force from May 2018
- The future of DB pensions - White Paper due early in 2018
- Auto-enrolment contribution increases - New Year check for compliance
- Anti-money laundering - New information keeping requirements for Trustees - are you compliant?
- Pension Protection Fund (PPF) levy management - key dates reminder
- Transfer of contracted-out rights - April 2018 regulations?
- DC Schemes - new charges and costs disclosure requirements expected at April 2018
- Investment consultants and fiduciary managers reference - provisional decision due July 2018
- DC to DC bulk transfers - a new test?
- Pension scams - proposed further measures to combat scams
- And in case you thought we weren't going to include something on Brexit
Other things to watch out for:
- The Taylor Review: "Good Work" report
- TPAS and Pensions Ombudsman to merge
- IORP II to be implemented by January 2019
- New requirements for Master Trusts to be registered with Regulator
- Changes to employer debt regime
Some housekeeping items for 2018:
- Pension for civil partners and same sex spouses
- DB schemes - maximising VAT recovery
- Corporate trustees and governance - are your articles of association up to date?
What's in court:
- Payment of discretionary increases
- ITV's appeal against Regulator's decision to issue FSD to be heard in January
- Supreme Court to consider RPI to CPI switch
- GMP equalisation - the answer?
- How to equalise benefits
- Scheme closure and final salary linkage
Our Annual Seminar - Thursday, 18 January 2018:
- 2017 in review: A Case Law and Pensions Ombudsman Update
- Practical Steps for Pension Scheme Compliance with the GDPR by May 2018
- The DC Arena
- 21st Century Trusteeship: Independence and Added Value