22 December 2016
Audit Committee and Auditor Oversight Update (December 2016)
This Update summarizes recent developments relating to public company audit committees and their oversight of financial reporting and of the company’s relationship with its auditor.
In this update:
- SEC Chief Accountant Has Some Suggestions for Audit Committee "Critical Gatekeepers"
- Big Four 2015 Inspection Reports Summary
- CAQ Provides a Map for Audit Committees on the Road to Implementing Revenue Recognition
- Audit Fees Are Still Climbing, But Some Large Companies May Have a Solution
- SASB on the State of Sustainability Disclosure: Too Much Boilerplate, Too Few Metrics